August 28 – September 12, 2015
Next week, Jymn leaves for a whirlwind 2-week trip to Europe, stepping foot in 9 different countries.
- AUG 30 – Warsaw, POLAND. Promotional Interviews for the Disney Channel in Poland.
- AUG 31 – Helsinki, FINLAND. Meeting with the owners of Gigglebug Entertainment (a studio Jymn is currently writing for).
- SEP 1 – 3 – Helsinki. Teaching a 3-day workshop on Animation Writing for the Animatricks Animation Festival.
- SEP 7 – Lille, FRANCE. Meeting with Frederic Puech (CoFounder, Executive Producer, & Creative Director of Planetnemo Studio) to prep for Jymn’s involvement with a new series called “Superbuilders” (commissioned by a Chinese media group, Uyoung.)
- SEP 9 – Barcelona, SPAIN. Meeting with BRB Internaccional, regarding “Filly,” a series Magon is currently writing on.
- SEP 10 – Barcelona. Lecturing on Animation to a class of art students.
Jumping over to Time, Zach even made it into this prestigious zine in late 1958 or early 1959.
You may want to check out this more recent Time article, as well.
Oboy, another arkle! The SUNDAY NEWS, Jan 11, 1959. (The Public Relations machine was busy that month!)
Another magazine article – this time from the Sunday supplement (Pictorial TView), January 4, 1959.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Does anyone know how to get in touch with John Zacherle – or at least direct him to these blogs? I think he’d be interested in copies of his letters to Anne DiDio, which I’d be delighted to share with him.
OK, not a long post today unfortunately. Just a pair of articles.
This first one is from an unknown newspaper. Since it mentions Zach’s show at WABC, this would put the article between 1958 to 1960. It lists John’s age as 40 which would narrow it down between Sep 1958 & Sep 1959. There were only two Friday the 13th’s in that span: Feb 1959 & Mar 1959. So that’s as close as I can get.
Note: Interesting fact about Laurence Olivier!
And an unknown magazine. John is listed as 39 years old here, so this would have been written between Sep 1957 & Sep 1958. Narrowing it further, Zach moved to NYC and started hosting “Shock Theater” there in September of ’58, so this article was probably written before John’s birthday (September 26), and published the following month – sooooo October ’58. (???)
See ya soon!